Thursday, October 29, 2015

Good Things

I'm just in the mood to post a few good things. 


I lucked out when it came to FAMILY.  My sister, my only sibling, is one of my favorite people. 


See the little cutie on the left?  That's me when I was two years old.  The other cutie is Carla, who was about five years old at the time. 

Carla has five kids, an army of grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and a few great-greats.  That makes me a great aunt, and a great-great aunt.  I never felt moved to have children, but I LOVE BEING AN AUNT. 


These two are my great-nephew Jeremy and his best-friend-and-girlfriend, Abby.  I think they must have been washing dishes. 


Here they are on prom night.  Jeremy cleans up good, don't you think?


I'll get around to more family in another post.

CATs are good things:


This is Marvin, the most recent addition to our feline family.  We got him in 2013 when he was just 8 weeks old.  He's grown up to be a big, muscular, sturdy cat who vacillates between being sweet and being a devil.


Here's adolescent Marvin.  Such a cutie!

READING is another good thing:


I have no idea what this book is.  I guess I'll have to look back at my "Books I've Read" spreadsheet to see if I can figure it out.  I'm thinking it might be a mystery novel, possibly a Dick Francis book.


I like ZOOs as long as they're really good, spacious ones.


I met this cute giraffe at the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, South Carolina.  He (she?) was very glad to meet me since I had two handfuls of leaves for his snack.  I expected his tongue to be slobbery, but it wasn't; it was just slightly moist.  He tried to be polite, but he really wanted that greenery. 

Riverbanks is a pretty good zoo, but it should be out in the country with acres and acres for the animals to roam in.  I didn't like the bird enclosures at all because they are too small. 

I'm not sure what this says about me, but I love MEMEs, especially when they're about something that makes me think. 


If you're looking for a reward for being kind, then you're not being kind.

I also love GEORGE CARLIN.  He was very funny, but also philosophical. 


That may be all the goodness I have in me today. 



 More later. 


Happy Thursday!!


2 comments:

Bridget said...

What fun!

Like you, I really enjoy being an aunt/great-aunt!

Paige Cummings said...

Love the giraffe!