Thursday, May 17, 2012

Random Stuff

Randomly speaking, I have stuff to relate.

Does everybody already know that I've been made interim library director at Small Public Institution?  Well, I have.  We'll see how that works out.




I like going to the Wiregrass Farmers' Market on Saturdays, but I'm not usually up and functioning at the time it starts so I miss a lot of the good stuff.  If you are within driving distance of Tifton, GA, you should go.  April through October, on Saturday mornings from 9:00 am until noon. 








Sometimes I wake up during the night and can't go back to sleep.  Don't know why.  I truly hate it when it happens during the work week.  Weekends, however, I just get up and do something, like read or knit.  One Saturday morning (2:00 am or so) a while back, I read most of this book:


The man is funny, not to mention inspiring.  Reading this book added to my happiness, something I like to nurture.

Mother's Day, 2012:  We drove to Alabama to my mother-in-law's home and took her out for lunch.  My sister-in-law and her husband met us at the restaurant (the Olive Garden) and we got one of those nice corner booths and had a delightful time.  I forget what we all had to eat, but my SIL and I shared a serving of tiramisu for dessert.  My, that was yummy.  I have found a recipe for tiramisu that looks authentic, so I'm going to try making it sometime. 

There will be a Knit Night tonight with dinner before the knitting festivities begin.  We're having beef fondue, with some cheese fondue as an appetizer.  If I remember, I'll take pictures. 

A parting sentiment: 


Practice compassion.

Take care everybody.  Leave me a comment if you feel so moved. 

No comments: