Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What a Relaxing Weekend!

I did not want to get up this morning when the stupid alarm went off.  But... I have to be at work at 7:30 am, so I dragged myself out of bed and did all my morning stuff; you know, the weigh-in, the shower, the breakfast, the tooth-brushing, etc.  If the weigh-in doesn't get my heart started in the morning, the shower certainly does.

Before this morning at 0-dark-hundred, I, like most of America, had a lovely three-day weekend.



The loveliness started on Friday evening with Theresa and Kathy coming for dinner and Knit Night.  Richard bought some outstanding rib-eyes, and cooked them on the charcoal grill.


To accompany these tasty steaks, we had broccoli with a lemon/crumb topping.


We also had sauteed corn.


For dessert we had cheesecake.  Yum!


Before all that, though, we had some pomegranate martinis.


And then we got down to knitting.





We knitted until the effects of the martinis began to wear off and by then it was about bedtime anyway, so Theresa and Kathy departed, to be seen again at our next Knit Night.

On Saturday, Richard and I went out to dinner for our anniversary.  We went to a seafood restaurant in Albany (west of here).  I'm not going to describe the whole meal, but we had lobster egg rolls for an appetizer.  They were quite good, as was the spicy dipping sauce that came with.

On this anniversary foray, we also went to the booze store and to a bookstore.  Had success with booze, not so much with books.

On Sunday, I watched romantic comedies all afternoon and evening.  The ones I watched in the afternoon were on the Hallmark channel, and the other one was The Holiday, with Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, and Jack Black.  What a charming movie!




On Monday, I just puttered around the house and knitted.

All in all, my long weekend was very pleasant.  I've noticed that when I do something social on Friday night, the whole weekend seems longer, and that held true this weekend as well.

So, this was a frivolous look at my life.  I hope your weekend was just as enjoyable.

2 comments:

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

hrmm... May be I should go out on Friday nights more then... ;o)

all that food looked GOOD! and I can rarely ever pass up a chance to stare at Jude for 2hrs. :o)

hope you have a great weekend!

Theresa said...

Supper was wonderful! The martinis were lethal! My knitting sucked!