Monday, January 30, 2012

I Decided to Answer the Questions in Jodi's Post After All

You can have one of the following two things: trust or love.  

Well, I'll take trust.  I want to be trusted and I want to trust; if you have that, love will naturally follow.

Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?  

Not always; sometimes I'm lazy or cranky or tired and I kind of fail.  You know, when you fail a friend, you also fail yourself.  Now that's something to think about.

Where do you like to go to have fun?  

Wherever the fun is!  Fun is what you make of any activity, whether it's a solitary pursuit or a gathering with friends.

What is beauty?  

Beauty is the light that shines from within.

Why is it called a "drive through" if you have to stop?  

That's a good question. 

Do you have any regrets in life?  

Yes.

What is your favorite song and why?  

I don't really have one favorite song.  I like lots of different songs for lots of different reasons.  For example, I love Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll."  If I'm in the car alone when that one plays on my iPod, I turn up the volume to concert level.  I also like "Amazing Grace," mostly for the story behind the writing of it:  The author was in the slave trade, and he had an epiphany, realizing that slavery was wrong, and this song reflects that.  Plus, it has a very moving melody.

If you were granted one wish what would it be?  

World peace.  If I only had one wish, I'd want to make it count.

If sour cream is past its expiration date is it good then?  

If it doesn't have blue fuzzy stuff growing on it, it's OK to eat.

Why is your definition of true happiness different from anyone else's definition of true happiness?  

Happiness is a personal thing.  You have to find your own happiness; no one can give it to you.

What do you expect from 2012?  

It's good not to have expectations; that way you're not disappointed when they don't pan out.  I'd rather be open to whatever comes.


No comments: