Thursday, December 15, 2011

That Time of Year

Well, friends, it's almost Christmas.  I want to wish everyone a safe and peaceful Christmas season this year.  As usual, my greatest wish is for world peace.   



I'm looking forward to spending the holiday with my in-laws' in-laws (how's that for an extended family?) in Tennessee.  We'll be driving on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas and I hope the traffic is not too heavy.  We've chosen a route that does NOT take us through Atlanta, and I'm happy about that.  I have nothing against Atlanta the city, just Atlanta's traffic.  OMG! 

Yesterday, Richard and I went Christmas shopping.  Every year we take a day off from work in the middle of the week and go to the mall in Valdosta.  We shop, have lunch, and shop some more.  We also go across the road from the mall to one of my favorite places, a bookstore.  Not only did we do our Christmas shopping yesterday, but we also managed to get the oil changed in my car, and bought groceries -- all by 5:00 pm.  We usually do our grocery shopping on Wednesdays, but we generally don't get started until 6:00 pm (because we both have jobs); then we go to dinner; and then buy food for the week.  By the time we get home, it's 8:00 pm.  Yesterday, we were able to have a nice leisurely dinner at home and spend the evening relaxing.  Oh, wait... we also prepared our Christmas cards and they'll be going out in the mail today.  Yay!  Then we relaxed.  I got some knitting done, Richard got some reading in, and we also watched most of a Christmas movie. 

I hope everyone has a pleasant holiday, and if you're of a faith that doesn't celebrate Christmas, I hope whatever winter observances you participate in are peaceful and joyful.  

Take care, everybody!  Have some eggnog.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Merry, merry! I hope you enjoy your Christmas as much as it sounds like you will!

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

Merry Christmas!!

Don't you just LOVE days like that?? you get everything done and there's still time to relax and reflect??

I've never had eggnog... My brother made some the other day but didn't share!

Merry Christmas!!