Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Daffydills Is Bloomin'! The Daffydills Is Bloomin'!


This is a picture of our first daffodil of the year. They are almost always the first flower to bloom and I find them very cheery. I took this picture two days ago, and now daffodils are springing up all over the place. I love daffodils.



Here's Bagheera, looking shyly away from the camera. Actually she's trying to ignore me. Cats are so good at that. This cat is so energetic I'm glad we don't let her outside. She'd be quite the huntress and would bring us all kinds of dead critters.

My husband, a dedicated cat lover, has all kinds of names for our cats. Let's face it, "Bagheera," is a bit of a mouthful, so right after we got her, he called her Baggie. I protested, but he ignored me. Then Baggie got lengthened to Baggie Boo. A little while later that was shortened to just Boo, and then it grew into Boo Boo. A couple of weeks ago he called her Boo Bear which morphed into Boo Berry. I give him a hard time, but I'm now calling her Boo Baby. Poor cat doesn't know who she is.



I thought y'all might like to know what I really look like, although I will qualify this revelation by saying that I am not particularly photogenic. This picture was taken at a restaurant that we went to for my birthday a while back. My profile picture is of me when I was two years old. I was cute then.



Here's Dashiell, looking a little deranged because of the reflection of the flash in his eyes, but also kind of cute. He's a sweet cat. He's sitting in one of his favorite spots. Sometime I let him sit there when I'm washing dishes and he seems mighty interested in what I'm doing.




I don't know what this flower is called (and neither does Richard), but I thought it was pretty so I took a picture of it. I think this was at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia in Athens.

As you can tell, I didn't have much to say but I said it anyway. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

3 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

"Daffydills" are my Mom's favorite flower! :o)

She's been w/out a garden while in Birmingham, but now that she's back home, I'm sure she's ready to get back in her garden. :o)

We have some crazy names for our dogs, so I get that! Our dog Beckham gets the brunt of crazy nicknames. My favorite this week is "Belcher". :o)

Glad to see you!!! :o)

I'm like you, I don't like to post pictures of myself either.

Have a great weekend! Hope you enjoy this wonderful weather we're having!

Bridget said...

Daffodils are my faves - though I've never had luck growing any.

Love the pictures! (All of us are probably cuter when we are two ...)

I don't think I've ever had a pet that I didn't end up calling by some fortieth-version-nickname.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the state botanical garden?! It's been too long since I took a trip up north to see it. Thanks for posting the daffodils; I miss them. (Living in south Florida now and miss the climate and the people of Georgia!)