Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas, Part 3


Today is my last day of work before the Christmas holidays. YAY! We were originally scheduled to work two more days after this, but they will be doing some sort of massive electrical repair, or something like that, so the president of Small Public Institution gave us two days off so that the electricians could complete their task before they took their holiday.

I had my picture in the paper earlier this month. I was interviewed because of my having read 52+ books this year. My friend Bret is friends with one of the hometown-paper reporters, so he contacted her about interviewing me. Bret and I chat about books at every social gathering. You can find the article at tiftongazette.com. Do a site search for "ABAC librarian." (I tried putting in a link, but it failed and I'm not computer-savvy enough to figure out why.) (My picture did not make it online, but, trust me, I'm as cute as pie -- NOT!) When I blogged with a list of all the books I had read during the year, I got comments from two of the authors, both Southern women. That was exciting. The year's not over and I'm still reading. I wonder if I can maintain the same pace next year.

I still have my Christmas knitting projects to finish, but I'm getting there. I hope I'm not up until the wee hours of Christmas morning getting them done. I bought too much yarn for one of them, but I'm not at all upset because I really like the color and softness of the yarn (Lion Brand Wool-Ease, color Pumpkin).

Pies will be baked this week. I had a hankering for cookies the other night, but I'm not sure I'll be making any. I only have so much ambition. Besides, I have other plans for my holiday break at home -- less fattening plans.

My Christmas wish again this year is for peace on earth. Wouldn't it be nice to see it in our lifetime? I hope your Christmas is peaceful and not too stressful. Relax, friends. Take it easy. Have fun. Hug all your relatives and tell them how much they mean to you. Go to church, if you're so inclined. If you are not of a faith that celebrates Christmas, happy holidays anyway. Peace.

1 comment:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I have taken on a huge sewing project for Christmas. It wouldn't be so huge, but since I just learned how to use the sewing machine on Sunday, it's pretty huge to me. :o)

So nice you guys get an extra couple of days off! That never happened when I worked there (almost 10 yrs ago now).

I hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas and remember, there are no "calories" in "Christmas", so eat all you like!! We can diet after New Years. :o)

OH! And congrats again on all the books read!