Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Merry Christmas, Part 2


Richard and I usually pick a day in early December to go Christmas shopping. We take off work and start out early because the mall we go to is mostly deserted on a weekday morning. This year we did a bunch of online shopping before our shopping day out, so we didn't have a whole lot to buy at the mall.

Good thing, too. The mall was swarming with 6-year-olds -- four schoolbus loads of them. OMG! It really wasn't too bad. They were mostly in the play areas and food areas. We got our shopping done (Yay!), had a nice lunch, and went to a bookstore for one last gift and a little personal book shopping. It was unseasonably chilly for early December in south Georgia, but we survived it. The day was bright and sun-shiny and the wind was still.

Now, I just need a volunteer to wrap all the gifts. As usual, the volunteer will be me. I wrap and Richard writes the gift cards.

This year, again, we are bringing dessert to the family Christmas dinner gathering. We will be making an apple pie and a pumpkin pie. That's what we took to the Thanksgiving dinner and the family put in a request for the same thing at Christmas. Richard and I make good pies. I make the crusts and he does the fillings. I have no idea how he prepares the apples to go in the pie, but, come to think of it, I don't need to know. That's his job.

I hope your Christmas preparations are going well. I hope that your Christmas is as joyous and peaceful and beautiful as you wish for. And I also hope that Santa Claus is very good to you.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Your husband really does spoil you. If I made John do the gift cards, we'd never know who was getting what. He'd get caught up in some dumbass TV show and put the wrong cards on the packages!

Theresa said...

Your husband really does spoil you. If I made John do the gift cards, we'd never know who was getting what. He'd get caught up in some dumbass TV show and put the wrong cards on the packages!