Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fifty-two Books


Here are the 52 books I read in 2010:

1. The Black Dove, by Steve Hockensmith
2. Shem Creek, by Dorothea Benton Frank
3. Knit Lit, ed. by Linda Roghaar & Molly Wolf
4. The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin
5. Home is Where the Wine Is, by Laurie Perry
6. He Who Fears the Wolf, by Karin Fossum
7. Fire and Ice, by J.A. Jance
8. Summer on Blossom Street, by Debbie Macomber
9. The Girl on Legare Street, by Karen White
10. East of the Sun, by Julia Gregson
11. Birds of a Feather, by Jacqueline Winspear
12. Split Image, by Robert B. Parker
13. The Postmistress, by Sarah Blake
14. The Professional, by Robert B. Parker
15. Voices, by Arnaldur Indridason
16. Twelve Sharp, by Janet Evanovich
17. The Shape Shifter, by Tony Hillerman
18. Home Safe, by Elizabeth Berg
19. The Blight Way, by Patrick McManus
20. Death Without Tenure, by Joanne Dobson
21. The Crack in the Lens, by Steve Hockensmith
22. Laced with Magic, by Barbara Bretton
23. The Black Cat, by Martha Grimes
24. Just Take My Heart, by Mary Higgins Clark
25. Hissy Fit, by Mary Kay Andrews
26. Nature Girl, by Carl Hiaasen
27. The Vintage Caper, by Peter Mayle
28. Lean Mean Thirteen, by Janet Evanovich
29. Return to Sullivan's Island, by Dorothea Benton Frank
30. Just Desserts, by Barbara Bretton
31. Time is a River, by Mary Alice Monroe
32. Changing Habits, by Debbie Macomber
33. The Scent of Rain and Lightning, by Nancy Pickard
34. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
35. Deep Dish, by Mary Kay Andrews
36. The Devil Amongst the Lawyers, by Sharyn McCrumb
37. Fast Women, by Jennifer Crusie
38. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
39. The Goddess of Fried Okra, by Jean Brashear
40. The Spare Wife, by Alex Witchel
41. Thursdays at Eight, by Debbie Macomber
42. The Draining Lake, by Arnaldur Indridason
43. Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
44. Red Hook Road, by Ayelet Waldman
45. Faking It, by Jennifer Crusie
46. The Blue Bistro, by Elin Hilderbrand
47. Crossfire, by Dick Francis and Felix Francis
48. The Beach House, by Mary Alice Monroe
49. Compromising Positions, by Jenna Bayley-Burke
50. Painted Ladies, by Robert B. Parker
51. A Moveable Feast, by Ernest Hemingway
52. The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Stieg Larsson

... and then I continued reading:

53. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larsson
54. Crazy for You, by Jennifer Crusie
55. The Sugar Queen, by Sarah Addison Allen
56. Brilliant, by Marne Davis Kellogg
57. The Trouble with Angels, by Debbie Macomber

It's only December 1st, so I can probably read at least two more books -- as long as I don't neglect my Christmas knitting.

Every one of these books was good to read. Some I liked better than others, of course. I think my new favorite author is Mary Alice Monroe. Or maybe Jennifer Crusie. Or Marne Davis Kellogg. Oh, I don't know! Read them all!

5 comments:

Mary Kay Andrews said...

Hi Marie. Thanks for including me in your 52 books! Hope you'll include me in next year's reading too. Look for SUMMER RENTAL in June. All best, MKA

Anonymous said...

Great goodness what a lot of reading!

Someone needs to come up with a device that will allow readers to multitask...for knitters, and joggers, and, and, but then you lose the whole holding a book and turning the pages aesthetic, don't you...

Nevermind.

BD

Jean Brashear said...

I'm very tickled to be included on your list! (and I hear you...I can knit and read just fine, as long as I knit something idiot-proof!)

Happy holidays--and thank you again!

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I just read the article featuring you in The Tifton Gazette. Such a wonderful thing!! I will make sure to tell my niece, Jessica. She is 9 and reads constantly. I bet you will inspire her to keep a journal as well.

Theresa said...

Mary Alice was boring. Sorry. And that reminds me that I haven't finished East of the Sun! I will, I will, and then I'll get it back to you.
I can't believe that Mary Kay Andrews left you a comment - you're such a heifer! Practically famous again! And BD, they DO make such a device - it's called an iPod and audible books. My lord, must I solve all the world's problems?