Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Wanna Go To New England

I have never been to New England. The farthest northeast that I have gone is New York. No, wait; I lied. I did change planes at Logan in Boston on my way to London, but it was nighttime and I didn't even get to see any of the landscape, or cityscape for that matter.

So I took a virtual tour of sights in New England by going to Google Images. Here are a few of them:


Clam chowdah! I make clam chowder, and Richard and I think it's quite tasty, but I want to have some chowdah, made with fresh clams in New England by a New Englander.



Since I started out with food, I'll continue with that theme for a bit. Here is some nice blueberry coffee cake. It's nice that something that is so good for you is also very yummy. (Now you know I'm not taking about the cake part, but the blueberries.)



I've never had a lobster roll. I'm saving myself for the lobster roll I'll get in Maine.



Of course I have to see the autumn leaves and the picturesque towns. The southern Appalachians have nice fall color (take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in October), but just because you've seen one location's fall foliage doesn't mean you've seen them all.



Visiting some coastal wildlife would be fun. A whale-spotting tour on a boat could also be fun.



I'll bet spring in New England is gorgeous.



And, finally, it would just be wrong to go to New England without visiting a few lighthouses.

If anybody reading this has any suggestions for what else I should see in New England, I welcome the comments. Thanks!

No comments: