Saturday, June 6, 2009

Old Friends

I have reconnected with several of my old friends from high school on Facebook. I have not seen some of them since the 1960s. Ain't that a scary thought, that I'm that old?

When we were in high school, five of us used to hang out together all the time. We would go shopping together, have sleepovers, have lunch -- just have fun. As of now, four of us are on Facebook. We've tried to find the fifth girl/woman, but she has a very common name and there are more than 500 people on Facebook with that name. We still have hope. We're already talking about a reunion.

Here's a picture of the five of us from that long-ago era:

Left to right: Me, Patricia, Faith, Phyllis, and Janice.

Faith still lives in South Carolina; Phyllis is in Washington State; Janice is in Texas; I'm in Georgia; and we haven't located Patricia yet.

Most of this finding of each other happened in the last couple of days. The excitement had me all keyed up and I had trouble going to sleep last night. A good night's sleep calmed me down, so now I can settle down and bask in the glow of friendship. It's a lovely thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you have a picture of all five of us. Let alone can fine it. This may be the only picture taken of us together. Thank you for having it. Love you, Janice

Bridget said...

You're the second person I know who has found high school friends on Facebook. Of course, if you are like me, finding Patricia would now be a personal quest ...

Is it terrible of me to be glad I don't come across any of the people I went to high school with??

Anonymous said...

We all look pretty good...my, how the mind plays tricks on you...I never remember looking this good...Marie, thank you for saving it years ago...who would have envisioned a spontaneous photo of 5 friends could give so much joy to all of us 40-odd years later....love you, phy

Theresa said...

Sorry Marie, that one on the left isn't you. I should know, I see you everyday. So try again when you're sober.

Marie said...

Bite me, Theresa.

faith said...

You have a real treasure there! I don't remember ever seeing that picture or remember it being taken. Of course the fact that I'm old and forgetful might have something to do with it. How did 40 years go by so fast???? Can you be excited and depressed at the same time? ;-D
faith