Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

My camera and I have been wandering around the yard again. This is actually a relatively new activity for me. The yard is pretty much Richard's domain because HE has the only green thumb in the family. I'd usually rather be indoors with the cats, the books, and the knitting. But since I got the camera, and because I do love flowers, I've been going a bit nuts. Here are some pictures:


Aren't these pretty? They're pear flowers on our baby pear tree. Richard has been buying fruit trees lately. We just acquired the vacant lot next door and it has become an extension of the garden.


Here's an iris. Probably not its best angle but I was trying not to step on other growing things.


I think camellias are the quintessential Southern flowers. That may be because the gardenias are not blooming yet.

Here's a pink camellia.


And the wisteria is blooming already.

Finally I have a picture of azaleas.

And last, but not least, is the typical azalea-colored azalea.
I hope you enjoyed the stroll around our (well, okay, Richard's) garden. Today is the first day of spring, and I'm glad to see it come.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Azalea colored azaleas? Too funny! I'm writing this as I am holding a baby! Loved the flower pictures.