Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ta-ta For Now

I mentioned to Richard last night that I am really enjoying doing this blog and that I'm pretty satisfied with my work. He said, "You write well, but that 'ta-ta for now' has to go," or something to that effect. I thought about it and decided maybe he is right.

Perhaps I will tell you where I got that: Years and years ago, when I was a library peon at Clemson University, I had a co-worker who said "Ta-ta for now" every evening when she left work. I can't even remember her name, but she was one of the most cheerful, upbeat people I have ever met. I don't know why, but I thought of her when I was casting about for a way to sign off my posts. It's not very creative, I know, so I'll try to employ a little more creativity from now on.

Wish me luck. (This does not reek with creativity, does it?)

PS: Richard took pity on me because my camera has not arrived and copied some of his pet photos for me. With a little playing around and experimentation, I will post some of them tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Isn't it funny how someone can say something inocuous, and years later you still remember it?

I have no words of wisdom to offer as a replacement, though. I'm always tempted to end my posts by saying "And then I woke up ..."

Theresa said...

You gotta love that Bridget! Anyway, I like the ta-ta for now. Reminds me of that bumper sticker - "save the ta-tas", but I guess that's a whole different ta-ta. I digress. A lot.

Theresa said...

Hey, my verification word was tatacide. too funny.